Date last amended: 8th June, 2018
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of Section 5.
1. The Basics
A. About Us
ADM Systems is a family run group of business that was established by our Managing Director, Glenn Bates in 1986. We supply products such as power supplies, LED drivers, position sensors, pressure sensors, load cells to many different industries right across Australia.
As part of our Service offering we keep our customers up to date with the latest product and industry information, as well as important company news.
B. Key Terms
"Contact" is a person we may contact through our Services. In other words, a Contact is anyone on an ADM Mailing List. For example, if you are a subscriber to your email marketing campaigns, you would be considered a Contact.
"Distribution List" is a list of Contacts and all associated information related to those Contacts (for example, email addresses).
"Member" means any person or entity that is registered with us to use our online shopping Services.
"Personal Information" means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Contact, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
"Visitor" means any person who visits any of our Websites.
"you" and "your" means, depending on the context, either a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor.
2. Privacy for Members
This section applies to the Personal Information we collect and process from a Member or potential Member through the provision of the Services. If you are not a Member, the Visitors or Contacts section of this policy may be more applicable to you and your data. In this section, "you" and "your" refer to Members and potential Members.
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
- (i) Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with our Service, you may provide Personal Information about you and your business. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other way.
- (iii) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you or your Contacts from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services or other sources for a range of reasons, including:
- To bill and collect money owed to us by you.
- To send you system alert messages.
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the Services. For example, this may include sharing your or your Contacts’ information with third parties in order to provide and support our Services or to make certain features of the Services available to you.
- To provide suggestions to you.
- For our data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from ADM online accounts, including Personal Information of Contacts, to provide and improve the Services. We use information like your sending habits and your Contacts’ details and purchase history, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members. If you or your Contact prefers not to share this data, you can email us at
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.
C. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use our Services, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons. For example, we use web beacons in the emails we send on your behalf. These web beacons track certain behaviour such as whether the email sent through the Services was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. They also allow us to collect information such as the recipient’s IP address, browser, email client type and other similar details. We use this information to measure the performance of your email campaigns, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our Services. Reports are also available to us when we send email to you, so we may collect and review that information.
3. Privacy for Contacts
A. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- (i) Information we receive about Contacts: A Contact may provide Personal Information to us when they sign up for a Distribution List on an ADM owned website. Through a signup form, the Contact may provide us with certain contact information or other Personal Information such as their name, email address, address or telephone number.
- (iii) Information we collect from other sources: From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms and third-party data providers. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us, and we use this information to provide industry relevant news and product information.
4. Privacy for Visitors
This section applies to Personal Information that we collect and process through our Websites and in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with our recruitment, events, sales and marketing activities. In this section "you" and "your" refers to Visitors.
A. Information We Collect
- (i) Information you provide to us on the Websites or otherwise: Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information (such as your name, contact details, company name, profile information) in order to download a document, apply for a trading account with ADM Systems Pty Ltd, or otherwise submit enquiries to us. We may also collect Personal Information, such as your contact and job details and feedback, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we will keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We will also let you know prior to collection whether the provision of the Personal Information we are collecting is compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
- (ii) Information we collect automatically through the Websites: When you visit our Websites, we may also collect certain information automatically from your device. Visitors from outside of Australia are not our intended audience and we actively restrict the processing of private information of these Visitors.
B. The Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our Websites for a range of reasons, including:
- To provide, operate, optimise, and maintain our Websites.
- To send you information for marketing purposes, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with ADM Systems Pty Ltd.
- To respond to your online enquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To manage our Websites and system administration and security.
- To improve the navigation and content of our Websites.
- To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- To process transactions and to set up online accounts.
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
- To customise content and layout of the Websites.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
C. Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly.
- Contests and sweepstakes. We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively, "Promotions").
D. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
5. General Information
A. How We Share Information
- i) Our service providers: Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support our Services and other business-related functions.
- ii) Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- iii) A potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, or acquisition.
- iv) Any other person with your consent.
B. Your Choices and Opt-Outs
Members and Visitors who have opted in to our marketing emails can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link, or button at the end of our marketing messages.
Also, all opt-out requests can be made by emailing us using the email address: . Please note that some communications (such as service messages, pricing notifications, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management, and Members cannot opt out of these messages unless you cancel your ADM Systems Pty Ltd account.
C. Our Security
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
Online shopping accounts provided by ADM Systems Pty Ltd (including Power Supplies Australia and Test Measurement Australia) require a username and password to log in. Members must keep their username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in a Member’s ADM Systems online account is so sensitive, account passwords are hashed, which means we cannot see a Member’s password. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only provide Members with instructions on how to reset them.
D. Privacy Act 1988 ("Australian Privacy Act")
We are subject to the operation of the Privacy Act 1988 ("Australian Privacy Act"). Here are the specific points you should be aware of:
- Where we say we assume an obligation about Personal Information, we are also requiring our subcontractors to undertake a similar obligation, where relevant.
- We will not use or disclose Personal Information for the purpose of our direct marketing to you unless you have consented to receive direct marketing; you would reasonably expect us to use your personal details for the marketing; or we believe you may be interested in the material but it is impractical for us to obtain your consent. You may opt out of any marketing materials we send to you through an unsubscribe mechanism or by contacting us directly. If you have requested not to receive further direct marketing messages, we may continue to provide you with messages that are not regarded as "direct marketing" under the Australian Privacy Act, including changes to our terms, system alerts, and other information related to your account.
- Our servers are located in Australia. In addition, we or our subcontractors may use cloud technology to store or process Personal Information, which may result in storage of data outside Australia. It is not practicable for us to specify in advance which country will have jurisdiction over this type of offshore activity. All of our subcontractors, however, are required to comply with the Australian Privacy Act in relation to the transfer or storage of Personal Information overseas.
- If you think the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act, to correct that information upon your request.
- If you are unsatisfied with our response to a privacy matter then you may consult either an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner for additional help. We will provide our full cooperation if you pursue this course of action.
E. Retention of Data
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we'll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services.
- Whether our Members have the ability to access and delete the data within their ADM online accounts.
- Whether our Members would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until they remove it or until their ADM accounts are closed or terminated.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
F. Changes to this Policy
G. Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
26 Garden Blvd, Dingley Village VIC 3172,
Tel: 1300 236 467
Fax: +61 3 9551 6977